- My installation fails where will I get the log files for installation?
Ideally the last page in the installer should have a hyper link to the log folder, usually it is %temp%\Atmel Studio <Build Number> (i.e) %temp%\Atmel Studio 7.0.582
- I found the log folder where can I start looking to find information to trouble shoot log the installation?
The installer master log file will be available at %temp%\Atmel Studio <Build Number> \AS_*.log (i.e) %temp%\Atmel Studio 7.0.582\AS_20151008143038.log.
- I find that one of the component has failed during installation, is there a specific log for the component installation?
Yes, if a specific component has failed you will find that component log and its path in the parent log file.
- Windows is not up-to date will the isolated shell installation fail?
Yes, Isolated shell installation will fail if KB2919355 is not available for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012
- My Isolated shell failed with the error what can I do to get more information on the failure?
Invoke as-installer-7.0.582-web.exe SHELLCOMMAND=/NoWeb /NoRefresh /NoRestart
This will start Isolated shell installer GUI apart from the Atmel Studio 7.0 installer GUI. So the user should be able to see the progress of the Shell installation and any errors captured from the GUI level.
- How to check the Windows update installed in the machine ?
- How to troubleshoot he Windows update mechanism?
- I see a blank installer screen with Atmel Studio 7.0 in the title bar?
It could be the registry entries of the installer got corrupted in order to fix it. Do the following:
Run Fix it ttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall
Select Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply
Select Installing for the question Are you having a problem with installing or uninstalling?
Fix the products like Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Isolated)
- Visual Assist Options are greyed out what should be done?
Update the graphics driver to fix it.
- I get a license expired error from Isolated shell when I start Studio?
Repair the component Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Isolated) from Control panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features
- When I start Studio, I see that the toolbars are greyed out?
Restart studio it should fix the issue.